Garmin Zimbabwe are excited to announce the new Oregon 600 series to the outdoor GPS handheld collection!
Oregon 600 features our state-of-the-art dual battery system. Use the optional rechargeable NiMH pack or traditional AA batteries – NiMH pack charges when the device is connected to external power.
With Oregon 600 series you can share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches up to 50 times faster with other wireless compatible Garmin handheld devices. Plus, you can share large files like photos, Garmin Adventures and Custom Maps. Just touch “send” to transfer your information.
New technology allows your routes, waypoints and tracks to transfer up to 50 times faster.
Oregon 600 series is also ANT+ wireless compatible with:
– Premium Heart Rate Monitor
– GSC 10 Speed / Cadence
Multi-touch and dual orientation screen
– 3-inch Sunlight readable colour touchscreen
– Multi-touch with Pinch to Zoom
– Dual Orientation – Landscape and Portrait modes
– Zoom in, pan out and rotate using multi-touch even when wearing gloves
Useful fact #1
The Oregon 600 series features Reflective display technology which uses external light, such as sunlight, in combination with the device’s LED backlight to increase brightness and viewing.
Plus, you conserve power by not having to turn the backlight up.
Barometric Altimeter & 3-Axis Electronic Compass
The barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
Oregon 600 series has a built-in 3-axis electronic compass with accelerometer tilt compensation, which shows where you’re heading even when you’re standing still, and not holding it level.
Useful fact #2
The new Full Track view allows you to see the entire elevation plot and quickly move your zoomed view to any place on the plot.
Future Plot uses your mapping data to show you what to expect ahead of you.
It keeps track of your path and displays it as a dotted trail on the screen. Just turn on the TracBack feature and you can retrace your path back to where you started.
The Oregon 600 series is rated to be IPX7 waterproof.
The test for IPX7 rating addresses the possibility of moisture damage from submersion in water. For IPX7 testing, the unit is submerged in 1 meter of water for a period of 30 minutes.
– The Oregon 600 series can hold an impressive 4 million geocaches.
– Download every cache on OpenCaching (www.opencaching.com).
– Load caches from GSAK (www.gsak.net).
– Alternatively use your favourite program or website supporting GGZ files.
– All your paperless geocaching features for every cache include:
– Read full descriptions, hints and logs.
– Filter caches by size, terrain, difficulty and type.
– Connect to chirp-enabled caches.
Mapping software is available to enhance your navigation experience. Use BaseCamp to plan your next hiking, biking, motorcycling, driving or off-roading trip.
You can view maps, plan routes, mark waypoints and tracks on your computer and then transfer them to your device.